Founded in 1884, the Scacciadiavoli winery (from: to banish devils) takes its name from an exorcist that lived in the nearby who used the wine for his rituals. It was conceived by Prince Ugo Boncompagni Ludovisi as a wine “industry”: an imposing oenological complex, highly advanced for the age. In 1954 Amilcare Pambuffetti bought the Scacciadiavoli holding. In the year 2000 the Pambuffetti brothers, the third generation, in the name of an ancient tradition, decided to take the winery into their own hands. The dimensions of the property are 130 Ha of which 40 Ha are dedicated to grapevines.